1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
2. Place the warm water, psyllium husk and yeast in a bowl and stir.
3. Add the Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and sugar to the bowl and mix into a dough.
4. Place 2/3 of the dough onto a clean dusted work surface and using a rolling pin, roll the dough to approximately 1cm in depth and 22cm wide.
5. Using the rolling pin, transfer the dough into the greased pyrex bowl and press down on the dough to cover the inside of the bowl.
6. Place half of the butter and half of the sugar into the bottom of the bowl and top with the lemons.
7. Top with the remaining butter and sugar.
8. Roll the remaining dough to a 15cm diameter circle and carefully place on top of the bowl as a lid. Press the dough around the edges of the bowl to seal the pudding.
9. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and lower the pudding into it. The water should come halfway up the sides of the bowl.
10. Cover the saucepan with a lid and leave to simmer for 1 hour. If the water level falls too low, replenish it with more boiling water.
11. To serve, carefully remove the basin from the pan. Place an inverted deep dish over the basin and turn the pudding out onto the dish. Place on the table and serve immediately.
This recipe has been specifically designed for a low protein diet.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision