- Boil the pumpkin over a medium heat for 15 minutes or until soft and drain away excess water.
- Place the boiled pumpkin in a bowl with the ProZero, cinnamon, sugar and the golden syrup.
- Blend with the electric hand-held blender until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add together the Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix, baking soda, baking powder and butter and rub between your fingertips until you get a breadcrumb consistency.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the breadcrumbs and mix until smooth.
- Place a pan over a medium heat and add the oil.
- Using a pastry brush, spread the oil so that the whole pan is covered.
- Pour a tablespoon of mixture into the pan and spread into a circle with the back of the spoon.
- Allow to cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake and flip.
- Cook for a further minute and remove from the pan.
- Repeat steps 8-10 to make multiple pancakes.
- Serve with low protein ‘cream’ and blackberries.
Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and ProZero are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for a low protein diet.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.